The aim of their research is to develop an OBE ‘screening’ scale which will be able to more precisely identify whether someone has had an OBE. At present no such tool exists for OBEs. Their research is not testing your experience in relation to psychological variables as is commonly done in OBE research, but instead explores the content of the experience itself to better understand it and differentiate it from other experiences.
To do this they would like your help by asking you if you would fill in an online questionnaire anonymously about the individual aspects of one of your OBEs. Your inclusion of this experience is important as it will contribute to the development of the scale. You can access the questionnaire by clicking on the link below.
The questionnaire includes full information on the study to enable you to decide whether or not to participate and offers a general definition of the OBE.
The inclusion criteria for this study (aside from your experience fitting our definition) are:
• You have no known organic condition which causes you to be prone to visual hallucinations
• You are able to provide informed consent
• You are over 18 years old
• You are able to provide a short written account of your OBE in English
• You are able to recall all of the OBE you wish to tell us about (i.e. not just give a partial account of it)
You won’t need to note these down but please only participate if you can agree with these criteria.
The survey can be completed by clicking the link below:
Closing date of the survey is: 31st July 2014
If you wish to find out more about the survey, or wish to take part and have any queries, please contact Andrew Hodrien at: email@example.com.